Buena Vista Cornea and Contact Lens Service
We provide comprehensive cornea and contact lens care. After an eye examination we evaluate your eyes and determine which type of contact lens will best suit your individual needs. We prescribe all major brands of contact lenses. Additionally, we prescribe custom designed contact lenses for special needs as well as special eye problems. We even offer some of the best prices for contact lenses through our online store here. Our lens replacement prices are usually less than other online lens companies, and we even offer free shipping when buying a year supply of contacts.
Specialty Contact Lenses
- Bifocal Contact Lenses
- Monovision Contact Lenses
- Astigmatism Contact Lenses
- Keratoconus Treatment
- Pediatric Contact Lenses
- Prosthetic Contact Lenses
Our contact lens staff are able to answer many of your questions and are available for ongoing contact lens instruction and training. We have vast experience with cosmetic considerations such as colored contacts that change eye color completely or just modify eye color slightly.
We are the go-to practice for fitting Synergeyes hybrid contact lenses (gas permeable hard lenses with the comfort of a soft lens), Rose-K keratoconus lenses, scleral contact lenses and other medically necessary contact lenses such as cosmetic tinted contact lenses. Dr. Mitchell is a contact lens researcher and a clinical investigator for the contact lens industry.
Ordering Contact Lenses
Ask about our yearly contact lens supply program. Buying a full year supply of contact lenses gives you discounts on lenses, shipping, contact lens fittings and makes you eligible for manufacturer rebates! All this is also available at our online contact lens site.
Contact Lens Fitting Process
We want all our patients to be successful at wearing contact lenses. So, we have developed a process to help you to become a contact lens wearer and have clear, comfortable vision and comfortable eyes without eyeglasses.
- A comprehensive eye exam starts the process. This determines the eyeglass prescription as a starting point for contact lens fitting. This exam also makes sure that there are no conditions that may affect contact lens wear and good vision with contacts.
- We then have patients back to the office to provide the actual contact lens fitting. This separate appointment allows the doctor to focus on determining the best contact lens for vision and comfort for your own unique eyes and your own unique vision needs. We also provide you with training and practice in handling and caring for your contact lenses.
- There is at least one follow up visit to be sure that the contact lenses are working well and that there are no issues with vision or the health of the eyes. At this point most patients are approved for a year supply of contact lenses.
Contact Lens Research
Dr. Mitchell is an active researcher for contact lens manufacturers for a very good reason. He wants to be at the forefront of contact lens care to help patients with the most complicated problems that contact lenses can treat. In addition to studying new lens design and new lens materials, he is particularly focused on contact lens treatment of corneal problems like keratoconus and post LASIK or other eye surgery issues. His last published paper was on using innovative aspheric contact lenses to treat post LASIK patient vision issues. Ask the office staff if you are interested in participating in contact lens research projects and we can determine if you are a candidate.